I am super excited to share that I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger award! Thank you so much to the wonderful J. M. Lilin for nominating me! She writes amazing poetry, short stories, and a lot of encouraging posts that have helped inspire me a lot! Check out her amazing blog! She has beautiful and creative writing on there!
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
Answering the questions from J. M. Lilin
- What author do you admire most?
I don’t know if I can pick just one! I admire so many authors! But I’ll say J. M. Barrie. I LOVE the story of Peter Pan, which is where I got the idea for my blog’s name. Another author I admire is J.R.R Tolkien.
2. What is the first chapter book you remember reading?
The first chapter book that I remember reading is the Tales from the Odyssey series by Mary Pope Osborne. I read the series when I was about six or seven years old. For the longest time it was my favorite book series, and I read it probably four or five times over.
3. When did you first know you wanted to write?
Probably in my English class, in seventh grade. My teacher assigned a lot of fictional writing, and I just really loved the feeling of creating my own world, where anything that I want can happen. I’ve written a lot since then.
4. What was the first poem you ever wrote?
I’m not sure what the very first poem I wrote was, but I do have four or five poems, from when I was probably about first grade, that I wrote for assignments. They are all extremely bizarre and don’t make much sense at all, but I guess I was just putting down words to keep with the assigned meter and such.
5. What are your goals in writing?
My goals in writing, currently, are to someday write a novel, and to honestly just start writing every day, so that I can post more often on my blog. I am a huge procrastinator, so that has been a big problem for me.
6. What have you written that you are most proud of?
I am pretty proud of a story that I am writing currently, that I haven’t finished yet. But it’s a sort of, science fiction/ fantasy ish story. But of what I’ve finished writing, probably my Stone Angel poem, that I posted on here.
7. Did you ever have an imaginary friend? If so, when did you meet this friend?
I sort of had an imaginary friend at one point, when I was probably seven ish. I would always say that my imaginary friend was Hermione Granger from Harry Potter, and also she had this little pet dog, or something like that. I didn’t talk to them very much though.
8. What is your favorite fiction novel?
That is an extremely hard question, that I’ve pondered on many occasions, and have yet to come up with an answer for. I am a very indecisive person, and so I can never think of one single favorite. But a couple of my favorite novels are, Catching Fire, by Susan Collins, and Peter Pan, by J. M. Barrie.
9. What is your favorite song?
Again, I can never think of a single favorite song, but a couple of them are “Addict with a Pen” by Twenty One Pilots, and “Teenage Mind” by Tate McRae.
10. What is your favorite color?
My favorite color at the moment is light turquoise.
11. What fictional character reflects you best?
Probably Belle, from Beauty and the Beast. We both love to read, and we both, “want adventure in the great wide somewhere.”
- Moonlight Ladybug
- Dread Poets Sobriety
- Poetry and Art
- Her Writing Haven
- Writing with Harte
- Poetry on a Roll
I’m still looking for some wonderful blogs to nominate, and I will add them as I find them! :))
To those who have been nominated, if you choose to accept the nomination, I would love to see your post! Link it down in the comments! ❤
Questions for my nominees
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is your favorite book/book series?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is your favorite animal?
- Who is your favorite singer/songwriter?
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
- Who is your favorite author?
- If you had the chance to gain eternal life, would you take it?
- What is your favorite flower?
- Small towns or cities?
- Do you prefer stand alone books, or series?